We all know that when we feel like our skin is looking especially good, it makes our whole attitude better. Feel more confident and really shine by taking care of your complexion. Here are some things you may need to do to get there.
1. If you wash your face twice a day, you might be going overboard. All of us should be washing our face right before bed to get rid of all the makeup and bacteria that’s accumulated on the surface throughout the day. Unless you were rolling in dirt somehow while you were sleeping, there’s really no reason to wash your face in the morning. If you’re one to sweat a lot while you sleep, try just splashing some water on your face and then patting it dry with a clean towel.
2. Moisturize. When your face is too dry, your skin produces more oils that can clog your pores. Try a good oil-free moisturizer. I use Philosophy: Hope in a Jar.
3. Keep it clean. Always dry off with a fresh towel. After a couple of uses, that towel has collected bacteria that will be transferred back to your freshly-cleaned face/body.
4. Speaking of clean… Washing your pillow case and sheets regularly may help your skin tremendously. Making contact with the sweat and oils from your face, hair, and scalp night after night can definitely take a toll on your face. I recommend washing or switching out your pillow case at least once a week.
5. Pay attention. If you use the same products over and over and you’re still not seeing clearer results, it’s time to switch it up.
6. Exfoliate. Letting your old, dead skin cells build up on the surface of your face and body can cause irritation, flaking, and leave your skin looking dull. Use a face and/or body scrub to give your skin a more healthy, vibrant glow. I use St. Ives Apricot Scrub with Blemish Control 3 times a week.
7. Stop touching your face!
Do you ever realize how much we touch our faces? Everything we touch has germs on it. Then, as we touch other things (including the face!), we transfer those germs. Start to watch how much your hands come in contact with your face. If you’re a face-toucher, break the habit now.
I hope these tips will help your journey to clearer skin. Don’t forget, EVERYONE is different when it comes to what products will work for who. Just because your best friend or I recommend a product, doesn’t mean it will instantly solve your problems. Try out your options and find what’s right for you!